Monday, July 30, 2012

Cured of HIV after Bone Marrow Transplantation


Cured of HIV after Bone Marrow Transplantation


(Photo: thinkstock) Jakarta, HIV infection (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) has yet to be cured. But two people who received bone marrow transplants are known no longer detected the presence of HIV in blood cells during the 2 years.

A study showed that stem cells from bone marrow of the body provides protection against the possibility of HIV infection again. It is based on two men who had long been infected with HIV is no longer detected the virus in blood cells after a bone marrow transplant.

The virus is usually easily detected by both the male lymphocytes, blood cells that work to maintain the immune system to attack. But the virus is starting to not be detected after 8 months of surgery and last up to 2 years.

Yet the patients who were treated at Brigham and Women's Hospital (BWH) is still getting therapy ARV (anti retro viral) from getting a transplant. These drugs are still needed to work to suppress the virus.

"It gives us some important information, and showed that the cells of ARV therapy the patient's immune system seems to be protected from the possibility of re-infection by HIV," said Dr. Daniel Kuritzkes, as quoted from Dailymail, Monday (07/30/2012).

One patient underwent a bone marrow transplant surgery in the past 2 years, whereas in 4 patients one year ago. Over time, this patient's cells were replaced by donor cells so that the traces of HIV virus is reduced and even disappear.

"We hope that HIV could disappear from the plasma of patients and it is surprising to find that there is no trace of HIV in cells. The next step is to determine whether there are traces of HIV in their network," said Dr. Timothy Brown.

Currently the researchers are designing studies that allow to find traces of HIV in the network, and plans to further study the HIV-positive patients who had undergone bone marrow transplantation.


3 comments:

  1. The results may then be used to determine if treatment for osteopenia or osteoporosis is required.
    osteoarthritis treatment

    ReplyDelete
  2. The applicants can be unemployed or employed. They are often filed according to their most recent work experience. jobs in sydney

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI My Name is MARIAN DUSS, I wish to share my
    testimonies with the
    general public about what this man called Dr LAWCY
    of( drlawcyspellhome@gmail.com ] has just done for me , this man has just did what I thought nobody will ever do for me, i was HIV positive when one of my family friend introduce this man to me, I never believed that great DR LAWCY could do this, when I contacted him on this same issue on ground, he casted some spell for me and gave me some parcel to drink, now I am so happy to say that the virus I was having In my body have left me.
    All thanks to DR LAWCY. If you are out there passing through this same kind of
    problems you can
    contact him today on his mail ( drlawcyspellhome@gmail.com )
    and he will also help
    you as well with his great spell caster, THANKS BE TO DR LAWCY....

    ReplyDelete